Posted on: March 7th, 2013
Location: Rockland County, New York (NY)
Salary: $55K - $65K
A medical component maker in Rockland County, NY (about 30 miles north from NYC) is looking for a quality engineer.
This position supports quality initiatives in line with objectives of continuous improvement. Programs may include review/improvement of quality systems, use of statistical process control, manufacturing engineering project support, validation support, and risk assessment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute quality improvement projects. These projects may arise from continuous improvement programs, internal or external complaints, corrective action, internal audit, systems analysis, or through strategic directives.
- Develop and improve controlling mechanisms for manufacturing and quality control processes as directed by management. These programs may arise from basic system reviews.
- Collaborate with R&D, Technical Support, Operations, and Materials to validate equipment, processes, or products. Assist in the design of experiments and analysis of data as needed.
- Under guidance from management, develop and utilize statistical process control (SPC) mechanisms over key in process and functional variables so as to ensure consistency to meet customer needs.
- Utilize formalized Risk Assessment skills as appropriate.
- Manage all activities associated with Corrective Actions as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned by manage.
BS in Engineering discipline with 2-5 years of experience in medical device manufacturing support or equivalent, with coursework and/or experience in statistical processes and analysis.
To submit your resume as a Word Document for this position, please send to the email address below and include the job name in the subject line.